We’re guessing many of our favorite media celebrity regulars have headed south with their families for spring break or to rev up from the endless winter doldrums that have left us feeling a bit grumpy. Today, the tables were packed with a cross section of Prada and Gucci suits, and the mood was definitely all business. Luckily, we got our boldface name fix Tuesday when lunchtime chronicler Diane Clehane broke bread with fashion maven Jaqui Lividini and the bustling dining room brimming with the usually eclectic mix of celebs. We spotted Marlo Thomas, Danny DeVito, Ron Perelman and Tommy Mottola in the mix. Some of the staffers were still buzzing about last week’s visit from David Hasselhoff, who most recently headlined a Las Vegas production of The Producers. Seems “The Hoff” made quite an impression. Says one fan of the tireless showman: “He looks great! If he’s had surgery you can’t tell — and believe me I’ve seen some scary ones in here. The guy is amazing!”
Here’s a rundown of today’s menu:
1. “Men Who Lunch”: BusinessWeek‘s Jon Fine (husband to our own mediabistro.com founder and CEO Laurel Touby), Radar editor Maer Roshan ABC News communications VP Jeff Schneider, Peter Himler, Arnold Huberman, Sirius Satellite Radio pr czar Patrick Reilly, Radar‘s Jeff Bercovici and Magazine Publishers of America’s Howard Polskin.
2. Casual chic: a tweedy Luke Janklow. The uber-agent was lunching with an unidentified jeans-clad beauty.
3. Univision’s Maryann Bannikarim and three guests.
4. Producer Jonathan Hart (Chicago) and four well-dressed gents.
5. Michael Fuchs and a bespectacled fellow who passed the time waiting for him by reading Variety.
6. Glamour editrix Cindi Leive and guests.
7. Joe Zee and an unidentified fashionista.
8. New York Social Diary‘s David Patrick Columbia and a lovely looking red headed lady friend.
9. Maureen Reidy.
11. Jack Myers and Marc Rosenthal.
12. Cosmetic World/Beauty Fashion publisher George Leeds.
14. Men’s Health honcho Dave Zinczenko and fellow Today show regular Bill Stanton. The duo dined and dashed, departing a little after one.
15. Richard Rubenstein.
16. Jerry Inzerillo of Kerzner International and friends.
17. NBC’s Jonathan Wald.
18. Cosmetic industry titan William Lauder.
19. The spring flowers blocked our view.
20. Avenue‘s Judy Price.
21. Jon Meacham. That makes three Wednesdays in a row for Newsweek‘s main man — but who’s counting?
22. We couldn’t see …
23. Liz Finkel.
24. Nick E. Rubenstein.
25. Dan Ragone.
26. Terry Santisi.
27. Morris Reid.
In the Garden Room: Robb Report‘s chief luxury officer Carol Brodie with Leviev’s president Thierry Chaunu.
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro DOT com & lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Laurie Dhue, Harold Ford and the Man Who Once Ruled Primetime
- Richard Johnson, Diane Clehane Compare Michael's Lunch Notes
- Elizabeth Vargas, Harold Ford and the Latest on The Matrix Awards
- Woody Johnson, Jared Kushner and a Haute New Hollywood Handbag Designer