The NFL grabbed two positions in the weekly prime time Top 5. However, not the top spot.
The Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Lighting was number one in New York with 1.7 million WNBC viewers and a 8.7 share, according to the Nielsen Company.
As for football, it performed well, minus the locals in action. At number two, the Fox afternoon game pitting Dallas against Indianapolis (won by the Cowboys in OT) had 1.2 million on WNYW and a 6.1. Fox’s additional 15 minutes of coverage (mostly of the Atlanta vs. Tampa Bay matchup) notched sixth place (1 million/5.2).
On WNBC, Sunday Night Football had big numbers (1.1 million/5.8) as the Steelers edge the Ravens on the road.
One other sports note from the week, Lebron James’ return to Cleveland on December 2 was 23rd for the TNT pre-game. Ironically, the game didn’t crack the Top 30. (No surprise, it was number one in the Miami and Cleveland markets.)
Rounding out the Top 10
- 60 Minutes WCBS (tied for third/1.1 million/5.8)
- Glee WNYW (fifth/1 million/5.4)
- Desperate Housewives WABC (seventh/1 million/5.1)
- NCIS WCBS (eighth/1 million/5.0)
- Undercover Boss WCBS (ninth/930,000/4.6)
- Amazing Race WCBS (10th/902,000/4.5)