Vanity Fair has an updated New Establishment list debuting in today’s October issue, so we thought we’d share some of it with you. Once again, Mark Zuckerberg grabs the top spot in a gathering of 50 “buccaneering visionaries, engineering prodigies, and entrepreneurs.”
The New Establishment showcases the best and brightest innovators in the world, or as Graydon Carter describes it, “The Age of Information gives way to a burgeoning Age of Technology.” So no, the guy who invented the Ninja Blender isn’t on it, but there are plenty of others who deserve the recognition.
Here are a few locals who made the cut:
- Dan Doctoroff, Bloomberg L.P. – Number 10
- Jay-Z - 21
- Fred Wilson, Union Square Ventures, Flatiron Partners – 35
And here’s a bonus for you. After the jump you can check out the top five from Vanity Fair’s newest list, The Powers That Be. This list focuses on the people that shape our world. Again, the Ninja Blender guy failed to make it. Sorry.
- 87 Years of New Yorker Holiday Covers
- Forbes Names Adam Sandler 'Most Overpaid Actor'
- Rolling Stone Asks Columbia to Investigate its Botched UVA Rape Story
- People Names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'