Novelist Abbi Glines dominated our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, topping the charts with two books.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an author, check out our new online course–finish your book with the help of bestselling independent authors.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, March 4, 2013
1. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines: “The story that started with the New York Times Bestseller FALLEN TOO FAR continues… Rush withheld a secret that had destroyed her world. Her entire life had all been a lie.”
2. Wait for You by J. Lynn: “Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life.”
3. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines: “To want what you’re not supposed to have… She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather’s daughter. She is still naïve and innocent due to spending the last three years taking care of her sick mother.”
4. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: “Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies. That’s what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before.”
5. Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton: “After a tragic accident left her with no memory, Kate Alexander struggled to fit in with a husband and world that didn’t feel right.”
6. Play With Me by Kristen Proby: “Will Montgomery is a successful professional football player and seemingly has it all. He’s not used to being told no, and certainly doesn’t take no for an answer. So when he turns his charms on his sister’s sexy rocker-chick friend Meg, he’s not only turned down, but met with open hostility, piquing his curiosity and libido.”
7. If You Stay by Courtney Cole: “He’s a tattooed, rock-hard bad-boy with a bad attitude to match. But he’s got his reasons. His mother died when Pax was seven, leaving a hole in his heart filled with guilt although he doesn’t understand why.”
8. Fate Interrupted 2 by Kaitlyn Cross: “Dean Jacobs used to be Milwaukee’s most eligible bachelor until Megan and her bombshell came along. With her father watching his every move, Dean has to figure out a way to return to Evy, his one true love, without anyone else getting hurt.”
9. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn: “When Ellery moved to New York with her boyfriend, she thought they’d live happily ever after in their small New York apartment. She never thought he’d pack his bags and leave because he ‘needed space.’”
10. Shattered Promises by Jessica Sorensen: “For twenty-one year-old Gemma, life has never been normal. She knows nothing about her past and has been haunted by the same monsters in her nightmares for the last few months. Unemotional and numb to life, she feels disconnected from everyone. Until the very first day she cries. After that, nothing in her life is the same.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, March 4, 2013
1. Wait for You by J. Lynn
2. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Relentless by Cassia Leo
4. Shattered Promises by Jessica Sorensen
5. Beyond Justice by Joshua Graham
6. Fallen to Far by Abbi Glines
7. Wait For Me by Elisabeth Naughton
8. Tall, Dark, and Deadly by Lisa Renee Jones
9. If You Stay by Courtney Cole
10. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, March 4, 2013
1. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
2. Raid by Kristen Ashley
3. Spots the Space Marine: Defense of the Fiddler by M.C.A. Hogarth
4. Avoiding Intimacy by K.A. Linde
5. Trish, Just Trish by Lynda LeeAnne
6. The Education of Caroline by Jane Harvey-Berrick
7. And With Madness Comes the Light by Karina Halle
8. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
9. True Love Story by Willow Aster
10. Blood Red Butterfly by Josh Lanyon
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for Monday, March 4, 2013
1. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
2. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
3. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
5. The Preacher’s Son #2: Unleashed by Jasinda Wilder
6. Destined by Brenda K. Davies
7. The Mile High Club by Jasinda Wilder
8. Twist of Fate by Kelly Mooney
9. Gamble on Engagement by Rachel Astor
10. The Preacher’s Son #3: Unbroken by Jasinda Wilder
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, March 4, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- Hugh Howey Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 5 Book Publishing Paths Infographic
- What Upstream Color & Walden Can Teach Us About Self-Publishing
- Bestselling Indie Author: 'DO NOT READ YOUR REVIEWS'