Scholastic Book Clubs editorial director David Allender recently shared ten trends that he thinks will dominate children’s books in 2013. Watch the video embedded above for more details, but here are the ten trends, from the release:
1. Bullying is THE Timely Topic in Kids’ Books
2. ’13 Will be a Lucky Number for Science Fiction Fans
3. Intriguing Nonfiction
5. Kid Lit on the Screen
7. Tough Girls
8. Survival Stories
9. Spotlight on Diversity
10. Nature Runs Amok.
Back in 2011, this GalleyCat reporter picked “greek myths” as the dominant trend in teen fiction. In a past interview, two-time Caldecott Medalist Chris Van Allsburg suggested “utopian” books could follow the big wave of dystopian titles.
- Maureen Johnson Posts Part 1 of a 'Shades of London' Prequel on Wattpad
- Kiera Cass Announces Three New 'Selection' Projects
- 'Dear Malala, We Stand With You' Acquired By Crown Books for Young Readers
- Scholastic Expands its Book Club With More Preschool Titles