To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 1, 2013
1. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
2. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
3. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
4. Him by Carey Heywood: “Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother’s wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It’s not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.”
5. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
6. Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan: “I’m only twenty-one and already damaged goods … I called off my wedding to William Bailey, the only man who thought I was worth fixing. A year later, he’s marrying my sister. Unless I ask him not to.”
7. Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder: “When Kyle Calloway died, he took a part of Nell with him. She wasn’t the only one left to pick up the pieces, however; Kyle’s death left a gaping hole in the hearts and lives of his parents and his older brother Colton, and ultimately broke the will of the girl he loved.”
8. The Remaining: Fractured by D.J. Molles: “The Camp Ryder Hub is broken. Lee is nowhere to be found, and his allies are scattered across the state, each of them learning that their missions will not be as easy as they thought. Inside the walls of Camp Ryder, a silent war is brewing, between those few that still support Lee’s vision of rebuilding, and the majority that support Jerry’s desire for isolation.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 1, 2013
2. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
3. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
4. The Way You Look Tonight by Bella Andre
5. Mine To Take by Cynthia Eden
9. Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 1, 2013
1. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
2. Salvation by Erica Stevens
3. Come Alive by Karina Halle
4. Notice Me by Lili Lam
6. Running from Romeo by Diane Mannino
7. A Fair Prospect: Desperate Measures by Cassandra Grafton
10. Paul’s Pursuit by S. E. Smith
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of July 1, 2013
1. Unexpected Treasure by Melody Anne
2. Unbreak Me by Lexi Ryan
3. Before Now by Cheryl McIntyre
4. High Heels Mysteries Boxed Set by Gemma Halliday
5. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. Falling Into You by Lauren Abrams
7. Not a Word by Chautona Havig
8. Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson
9. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
10. A March of Kings by Morgan Rice
These four eBook lists were recorded on July 1, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'