Novelist Gail McHugh rocketed up our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, grabbing two spots with her contemporary romance novels.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 15, 2013
1. Pulse by Gail McHugh: “How do you keep existing when your heart is so splintered, so completely torn to shreds, your pulse is fading? You’re…broken. How do you move forward when every breath is nothing more than a constant ache?”
2. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
3. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
4. Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey: “Andie’s just days away from tying the knot, but there’s just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she’s already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won’t issue her a marriage license until it’s all cleared up.”
5. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
6. Collide by Gail McHugh: “On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start. While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief. Knowing he can’t live without her by his side, he’s sweet, thoughtful, and everything Emily has ever wanted in a man.”
7. Bully by Penelope Douglas: “My name is Tate. He doesn’t call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all. No, he’ll barely even speak to me. But he still won’t leave me alone. We were best friends once.”
8. White Seed by Paul Clayton: “One of the most haunting mysteries in American history — The Lost Colony of Roanoke — comes roaring back to life in White Seed, with a compelling cast of characters.”
9. Him by Carey Heywood: ”Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother’s wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It’s not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.”
10. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper: “Lucky Morgan has had her share of heartbreak. She is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her after sleeping with him and she vows to herself that she won’t be used again. She decides that the next guy she dates and sleeps with, will be her one true love.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 15, 2013
1. Blue Jeans and Coffee Beans by Joanne DeMaio
2. The Highlander’s Reward by Eliza Knight
3. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
4. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
5. My Perfect Wedding by Sibel Hodge
6. Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey
7. Cloak & Silence by Sherrilyn Kenyon
8. BY THE SEA by Antoinette Stockenberg
9. Random Acts of Crazy by Julia Kent
10. Always by Ellery Rhodes
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 15, 2013
1. Fulfillment by K.M. Golland
2. Come Alive by Karina Halle
3. Axel by Harper Sloan
4. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
5. Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson
6. Their Virgin Hostage by Shayla Black Lexi Blake
7. Sister Katherine by Tracy St. John
8. Hidden Dragons by Emma Holly
9. Notice Me by Lili Lam
10. Bloodraven by PL Nunn
These four eBook lists were recorded on July 15, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
We could not access the Apple list at this writing. For our Apple list, we take the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Beneath Him' Continues to Lead Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Beneath Him' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Gone - Part One' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Self-Publishing vs. Traditional Publishing: INFOGRAPHIC