For another week in a row, novelist J.C. Reed has seized the top two spots in our Self-Published Bestsellers List.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 8, 2013
1. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
2. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
3. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
4. Him by Carey Heywood: ”Sarah Miller hasn’t been home in seven years. She thought she could stay away forever. If it wasn’t for her big brother’s wedding, that is. Part of her even feels silly for staying away this long. It’s not like anyone even knew what happened. Well, except for him.”
5. Bully by Penelope Douglas: “My name is Tate. He doesn’t call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all. No, he’ll barely even speak to me. But he still won’t leave me alone. We were best friends once.”
6. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper: “Lucky Morgan has had her share of heartbreak. She is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her after sleeping with him and she vows to herself that she won’t be used again. She decides that the next guy she dates and sleeps with, will be her one true love.”
7. Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder: “I wasn’t always in love with Colton Calloway; I was in love with his younger brother, Kyle, first. Kyle was my first one true love, my first in every way. Then, one stormy August night, he died, and the person I was died with him.”
8. CyberStorm by Matthew Mather: ”Mike Mitchell, an average New Yorker already struggling to keep his family together, suddenly finds himself fighting just to keep them alive when an increasingly bizarre string of disasters start appearing on the world’s news networks.”
9. The Atlantis Gene by A.G. Riddle: “The Immari are good at keeping secrets. For 2,000 years, they’ve hidden the truth about human evolution. They’ve also searched for an ancient enemy – a threat that could wipe out the human race. Now the search is over. Off the coast of Antarctica, a research vessel discovers a mysterious structure buried deep in an iceberg.”
10. Falling Into Us by Jasinda Wilder: “When Kyle Calloway died, he took a part of Nell with him. She wasn’t the only one left to pick up the pieces, however; Kyle’s death left a gaping hole in the hearts and lives of his parents and his older brother Colton, and ultimately broke the will of the girl he loved.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 8, 2013
1. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
2. A Man Overboard by Shawn Hopkins
3. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
4. Summer Secrets by Barbara Freethy
5. BY THE SEA by Antoinette Stockenberg
6. In the Thrill of the Night by Candice Hern
7. Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey
8. Going Home by Rhonda Dennis
9. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
10. The Way You Look Tonight by Bella Andre
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 8, 2013
1. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
2. Come Alive by Karina Halle
3. Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson
4. Salvation by Erica Stevens
5. Notice Me by Lili Lam
6. Axel by Harper Sloan
7. Their Virgin Hostage by Shayla Black Lexi Blake
8. Hidden Dragons by Emma Holly
9. The Complete Nicole Draylock Collection by Nicole Draylock
10. Paul’s Pursuit by S. E. Smith
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of July 8, 2013
1. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper
2. Submit by Melody Anne
3. The Last Husband by J. S. Cooper
4. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
5. Let Me Love You by Morgan Rayne
6. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
7. Chasing Shadows by CJ Lyons
8. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
9. Lost in Shadows by CJ Lyons
10. In the Thrill of the Night by Candice Hern
These four eBook lists were recorded on July 8, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'