Novelist J. S. Scott topped the Barnes & Noble section of our our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week with a boxed set about a sexy billionaire.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 29, 2013
1. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken: “‘I have a proposition for you…’ Kacey should have run the minute those words left Seattle millionaire Jake Titus’s mouth. Instead, she made a deal with the devil in hopes of putting her past behind her once and for all.”
2. Real by Katy Evans: “Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life. He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life.”
3. Twisted Perfection by Abbie Glines: “Life outside of her house was a new experience for Della Sloane. The dark secrets of her past weren’t something she ever intended to share with anyone. They would never understand. No one would ever get close enough to find out.”
4. Promise Me Darkness by Paige Weaver: “For me, life was simple. I went to school and studied. I spent time with my friends and stayed out of trouble. I didn’t drink or swear and I only dated gentlemen. I was the typical good girl with a bright future. My world seemed perfect. But that was about to change.”
5. The Girl Who Came Home by Hazel Gaynor: “Fourteen members of a small, Irish village set sail on RMS Titanic towards a new life in America. Among them is seventeen-year-old Maggie Murphy, who wonders if she will ever see her sweetheart, Séamus, again. Four days into their journey, disaster strikes Titanic. Finding herself distraught and alone as she recovers in a New York hospital, Maggie vows never to speak of the event again.”
6. Rock My Bed by Michelle A. Valentine: “Everything always seems to fall into place for twenty-four year-old Aubrey Jenson, except for when it comes to her luck with men. Bad boys always draw her in and crush her heart, and Black Falcon’s lead guitarist, Riff, is no exception.”
7. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase: “Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.”
8. Don’t Say A Word by Barbara Freethy: Julie De Marco is planning a perfect San Francisco wedding when she comes face-to-face with a famous photograph, the startling inage of a little girl behind the iron gate of a foreign orphanage — a girl who looks exactly like her.”
9. Marrying The Master by Chloe Cox: “Lola Theroux wanted Roman Casta the moment she saw him. She knows she isn’t special in that regard–every woman wants Roman Casta the moment she sees him. But Lola is the only one who knows why Roman doesn’t do relationships.”
10. Rock the Heart by Michelle A. Valentine: “For the last four years, good girl Lane has regretted breaking up with Noel Falcon. She thought she was sensible when she told him his dreams of being a rock star would get him nowhere, but now that he’s a rock god and her career is stagnant, she realizes just how wrong she was.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 29, 2013
1. The Billionaire’s Obsession Boxed Set by J. S. Scott
2. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
3. A Moment by Marie Hall
4. Heart of the Billionaire by J. S. Scott
5. Real by Katy Evans
6. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
7. Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
8. Don’t Say a Word by Barbara Freethy
9. Resisting Her by Kendall Ryan
10. Falling into You by Lauren Abrams
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of April 29, 2013
1. Real by Katy Evans
2. Saved by Kelly Elliott
3. The Apple Store by Seinfeld 2000
4. Backwards to Oregon by Jae
5. Digital Divide by K.B. Spangler
6. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
7. Raid by Kristen Ashley
8. Off to Be the Wizard by Scott Meyer
9. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
10. Satisfaction by K.M. Golland
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of April 29, 2013
1. Twisted Perfection by Abbi Glines
2. The Bet by Rachel Van Dyken
3. One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy
4. Second Chance Boyfriend by Monica Murphy
5. Real by Katy Evans
6. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
7. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
8. Relentless by Cassia Leo
9. Breathe by Abbi Glines
10. Fate and Fury by Quinn Loftis
These four eBook lists were recorded on Monday, April 29, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we took the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Impulse' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Alpha Billionaire' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- Seven Year-Old Aims to Publish Anti-Gun Book