In his feature about the list, journalist Jeff Bercovici singled out Suzanne Collins, E.L. James and J.K. Rowling as rising stars on the list. Here’s an excerpt from the article:
At the height of “Fifty Shades” mania, the erotic novels were estimated to be generating as much as $1.3 million per week for their author, E.L. James. And that’s not counting the $5 million she received from Universal Pictures and Focus Films for the theatrical rights. Add it all up and James is assured of a place near the top of next year’s top authors list. (Perhaps “Twilight” author Stephenie Meyer deserves a cut of that? James’s books originated as works of “Twilight” fan fiction.)
1. James Patterson (pictured, via): $94 million
2. Stephen King: $39 million
3. Janet Evanovich: $33 million
4. John Grisham: $26 million
5. Jeff Kinney: $25 million
If you want to learn more about Patterson’s successful career, check out Mediabistro’s So What Do You Do? interview with the author.
- Can Writing Lies Expose Truth?
- Stephen King is Going on a Book Tour
- Oscar Pistorius' Agent Denies Memoir
- Read a Lost Chapter From 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory'