For the second time, M. Leighton has led our Self Published Bestsellers List, taking three spots in different marketplaces.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we have compiled lists of the top eBooks in three major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords.
We update these lists every week, tracking how writers perform inside these booming marketplaces. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book. If you are an author, check out our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post and our How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, January 7, 2013
1. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover: “Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies. That’s what Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before.”
2. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen: “Luck was not on Callie’s side the day of her twelfth birthday when everything was stolen from her. After it’s all over, she locks up her feelings and vows never to tell anyone what happened.”
3. Someone to Love by Addison Moore: “What happens when two people who don’t believe in love, happen to fall madly into the most beautiful relationship they could ever imagine? A train wreck.”
4. Witches on Parole by Debora Geary: “World-famous (and now retired) photographer Jenvieve Adams has a debt to repay – and a soft spot for modern witches who have lost their way. Or so she thinks, until they actually show up.”
5. Up to Me by M. Leighton: “Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.”
6. Fight With Me by Kristen Proby: “Jules Montgomery is too busy and content with her life to worry about a man, especially one Nate McKenna. If growing up with four brothers has taught her anything, she knows to stay away from sexy men with tattoos and motorcycles.”
7. The Unwanted Wife by Natasha Anders: “All Alessandro de Lucci wants from his wife is a son but after a year and a half of unhappiness and disillusionment, all Theresa de Lucci wants from her ice cold husband is a divorce.”
8. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines: “To want what you’re not supposed to have… She is only nineteen. She is his new stepfather’s daughter.”
9. The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski: “With a purse, a cell phone and a small bag with a few necessities, Camryn, with absolutely no direction or purpose boards a Greyhound bus alone and sets out to find herself. What she finds is a guy named Andrew Parrish, someone not so very different from her and who harbors his own dark secrets.”
10. The Valentine’s Arrangement by Kelsie Leverich: “Ronnie Clark, an edgy tattoo artist with hopes of high tailing it out of the forsaken Military town she followed her now ex-fiancé to, is counting down the days until Valentine’s Day is over. Ronnie doesn’t do romance.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, January 7, 2013
1. Up to Me by M. Leighton
2. The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden by Jessica Sorensen
3. Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
4. Someone to Love by Addison Moore
5. Down to You by M. Leighton
6. Chosen by Denise Grover Swank
7. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen
8. All Over You by Emily Snow
9. Chasin’ Mason by Stacey Joy Netzel
10. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of Monday, January 7, 2013
1. Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework by Randolph Lalonde
2. Incendiary: The Premonition Series by Amy A. Bartol
3. Jocomo by Timothy Cohorst
4. Independence by Shelly Crane
5. Wisdom by Amanda Hocking
6. The Duchess War by Courtney Milan
7. With Everything I Am by Kristen Ashley
8. The Whale Has Wings by David Row
9. Refugee by Erica Stevens
10. Demons Forever by Sarra Cannon
These three eBook lists were recorded on Monday, January 7, 2013
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns. Our list will not include writers attempting to game the system by using the names of famous authors. (Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'The Atlantis Gene' Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Samantha Towle Leads Self-Published Best Sellers List This Week
- Dan Blank's Advice for Writers: 'Connect With Readers One Person at a Time'
- Melody Anne's Advice For Self-Published Authors: 'Hire an Editor You Can Trust'