New adult fiction continued to rise on our Self-Published Bestsellers List this week, as S.L. Jennings entered our rankings with Fear of Falling.
To help GalleyCat readers discover self-published authors, we compile weekly lists of the top eBooks in four major marketplaces for self-published digital books: Amazon, B&N, Apple iBookstore and Smashwords. You can read all the lists below, complete with links to each book.
If you want more resources as an author, try our Free Sites to Promote Your eBook post, How To Sell Your Self-Published Book in Bookstores post and our How to Pitch Your Book to Online Outlets post.
If you are an independent author looking for support, check out our free directory of people looking for writers groups.
Amazon Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 22, 2013
1. Pulse by Gail McHugh: “How do you keep existing when your heart is so splintered, so completely torn to shreds, your pulse is fading? You’re…broken. How do you move forward when every breath is nothing more than a constant ache?”
2. Collide by Gail McHugh: “On the heels of graduating college and trying to cope with her mother’s death, Emily Cooper moves to New York City for a fresh start. While harboring secrets of his own, Dillon Parker takes care of Emily through her grief.”
3. Thief by Tarryn Fisher: “Caleb Drake never got over his first love. Not when he got married. Not when she got married. When life suddenly comes full circle Caleb must decide how how far he is willing to go to get the aloof and alluring Olivia Kaspen back.”
4. Fear of Falling by S.L. Jennings: “I can’t remember the last time I felt completely safe. Security seemed more like a luxury to me, reserved for those who were fortunate enough to have picture perfect childhoods.”
5. The Billionaire’s Obsession by J.S. Scott: “Needing nothing less than a miracle to save her, Kara gets rescue from an unknown, unlikely and overwhelming source. Billionaire Simon Hudson makes her an offer that is impossible to refuse, but terrifying to accept from a man that she’s never met.”
6. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed: “Meeting Jett was like lightning. Dangerous. Better left untouched. And better forgotten. But lightning always strikes twice.”
7. Conquer Your Love by J. C. Reed: “Brooke Stewart, a realtor in New York, finds forgetting is hard, but forgiving is harder. When the man she trusted, betrayed her, the only way to forget is to move on. Brooke is determined to start a new life, until she meets him again: the green-eyed, sexy as sin, six foot two sex god.”
8. Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey: “Andie’s just days away from tying the knot, but there’s just ooooone little glitch. Apparently, she’s already married. Or someone with her name is married to a guy out in Oregon of all places, and the courthouse won’t issue her a marriage license until it’s all cleared up.”
9. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper: “Lucky Morgan has had her share of heartbreak. She is devastated when her boyfriend dumps her after sleeping with him and she vows to herself that she won’t be used again. She decides that the next guy she dates and sleeps with, will be her one true love.”
10. Breathless by Eve Carter: “Bad boy professional Motocross rider, Jesse Morrison, knows how to leave an impression. Except lately, it has mostly been bad impressions. Frustrated and wounded, he surrounds himself with women, booze and drugs.”
Barnes & Noble Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 22, 2013
1. For Love of Bluestone by MJ Fredrick
2. Anything He Wants by Sara Fawkes
3. For His Pleasure by Kelly Favor
4. Shine Not Burn by Elle Casey
5. A Touch of Midnight by Lara Adrian
6. Surrender Your Love by J.C. Reed
7. Whiskey Sour by Liliana Hart
8. Conquer Your Love by J.C. Reed
9. Falling For A Stranger by Barbara Freethy
10. Running Barefoot by Amy Harmon
Smashwords Self-Published Bestsellers for the Week of July 22, 2013
1. Chasing Paradise by Pamela Ann
2. Fulfillment by K.M. Golland
3. Come Alive by Karina Halle
4. Axel by Harper Sloan
5. Forged in Blood II by Lindsay Buroker
6. Black Heart by R.L. Mathewson
7. Their Virgin Hostage by Shayla Black Lexi Blake
8. Sister Katherine by Tracy St. John
9. Hidden Dragons by Emma Holly
10. The Complete Nicole Draylock Collection by Nicole Draylock
Bestselling Self-Published Books at Apple for the Week of July 8, 2013
1. Submit by Melody Anne
2. Second Hearts by GJ Walker-Smith
3. Seduced by Melody Anne
4. Mine for Tonight by J.S. Scott
5. Forever Too Far by Abbi Glines
6. Never Too Far by Abbi Glines
7. Forever Black by Sandi Lynn
8. The Last Boyfriend by J. S. Cooper
9. Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines
10. Destined by Brenda K. Davies
These eBook lists were recorded on July 22, 2013.
For the Amazon list, we found the highest ranked self-published bestsellers in Amazon’s Top 100 Paid Kindle Books list. For the Barnes & Noble list, we highlighted the bestselling PubIt! eBooks from self-published authors. Finally, the Smashwords list was drawn from the bestselling titles in the company’s fiction list. None of these companies have released actual sales figures for the individual books.
For our Apple list, we take the top titles in the Books section of the iBookstore.
If you believe your book should (or should not) be included in our rankings, feel free to email GalleyCat with your concerns.
(Image via Horia Varlan)
- 'Sweet Addiction' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Holds No. 1 Spot on Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Where I Belong' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List
- 'Pulse Part 4' Leads the Self-Published Bestsellers List