Italian fashion company Prada has opened a writing contest, asking entrants to write about the subject of “the reality and its perception.” You can win 5,000 euros and the company will distribute your story as an eBook.
Follow this link to download a PDF with all the rules. At 1 P.M. C.E.T. on June 18th, 2013, Prada will allow writers to upload their entry for the contest at the contest website. You can write pradajournal [at] prada [dot] com with any problems. Here’s more from the company:
PRADA has called a Contest aimed at the accomplishment of short stories of a minimum of 10 (ten) pages and a maximum of 20 pages on A4 sized sheets, each page to contain approximately 400 words, written in Bodoni –DTC dim. 11 style, focusing on the inquire of the reality and its perception, especially: Views of the world. Images, marks, idea. The Short Story may be proposed in any language chosen by the Contender without any restriction.
The company has also set a few restrictions on content submitted. Check it out:
Stories must not:
- be sexually explicit or suggestive, or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group or the disabled, be profane or pornographic;
- promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous;
- contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
- infringe any rights, including copyright, of any third party;
- contain materials embodying the names, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission.