What books do you remember most fondly from childhood?
Over at the nostalgia section of Reddit, readers have been sharing the books that make them feel most nostalgic.
To help our readers rediscover these childhood classics, we’ve linked to free samples of the 15 Most Nostalgic Books below–ranked in order by the books’ popularity among Reddit readers.
15 Books That Make Us Feel Nostalgic
1. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
2. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
3. Sideways Stories from Wayside School by Louis Sachar
4. The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister
5. Corduroy by Don Freeman
6. The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tales by Jon Scieszka
7. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
8. I Spy: A Book of Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo
9. Frog and Toad Are Friends by Arnold Lobel
10. Bart Simpson’s Guide to Life: A Wee Handbook for the Perplexed by Matt Groening
11. Bunnicula: A Rabbit-Tale of Mystery by Deborah Howe
12. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch
13. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner
14. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
15. Caps for Sale: A Tale of a Peddler, Some Monkeys and Their Monkey Business by Esphyr Slobodkina
- The Onion Reveals Best Books of 2014
- Teens Prefer Print Books: Nielsen
- Bill Gates Picks The Best 5 Books He Read in 2014
- Can Books Spark Intimacy Between Lovers?