Falling for the Good Guy by Violet Duke was the only self-published book to crack the top ten paid books in Apple’s iBookstore this week. Apple compiles a list of the Top Paid Books every week, a list generally dominated by traditional publishers.
We’ve included the complete list below. You can discover more independent authors in our weekly Self Published Bestsellers list. Here’s more about Falling for the Good Guy:
Abby Bartlett is well aware that everyone thinks she’s in love with her best friend Brian. He is, after all, the type of man a nice girl should be with—the polar opposite of the bad boy—the kind of guy who didn’t let his wife’s decade-long illness stop him from showering her with a lifetime of love every second until her dying day. Yes, Brian has been the yardstick against which Abby has measured all other men. But everyone’s wrong; she couldn’t possibly be in love with him.
iBookstore Top Paid Books for Week Ending 8-5-2013
1. The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith & J.K. Rowling (Little, Brown & Company)
2. Zealot by Reza Aslan (Random House Publishing Group)
3. Inferno by Dan Brown (Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group)
4. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Margaret K. McElderry Books)
5. The English Girl by Daniel Silva (Harper)
6. Falling for the Good Guy by Violet Duke (Violet Duke)
7. Orange Is the New Black by Piper Kerman (Random House Publishing Group)
8. Hidden Order by Brad Thor (Atria/Emily Bestler Books)
9. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Crown Publishing Group)
10. The Husband’s Secret by Liane Moriarty (Penguin Group US)