Every year Glassdoor issues its annual list of the 50 best places to work and although Facebook had its fair share of press for its IPO, it earned the top spot in this year’s list.
The social media site also earned the top spot in 2011. Here’s a look at the top 10:
2. McKinsey & Company
3. Riverbed Technology
4. Bain & Company
5. M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
8. National Instruments
9. In-N-Out Burger
10. Boston Consulting Group
The list is based exclusively on reviews submitted by people who know the company culture: Employees! According to its press release, almost half a million company reviews were submitted to Glassdoor the past year.
The review asks a plethora of questions including satisfaction with the company overall and key workplace factors, such as career opportunities, compensation and benefits, work/life balance, senior management. It also covers cultures and values.
According to the press release, Robert Hohman, Glassdoor CEO and co-founder, stated, “Due to greater workplace transparency, information about what it’s like to work at particular companies is becoming increasingly influential as job seekers and employees consider their next career move.”
- Three Ways to Find Solitude in an Otherwise Busy Day
- Woman Trapped in Office Bathroom for Eight Hours Chiseled Her Way Out
- Overseas Program Pays Alcoholics With Beer Instead of Money? (Yes, It's True)
- New Study Reveals Young Women Less Likely Than Male Colleagues to Eye C-Suite