Today in Media Trends, Fusion has become an outlet to watch in the weeks and months ahead for anyone working in the tech/startup sectors.
Not familiar with Fusion? That’s understandable — in the past we may have confused it with the Canadian version of MTV. But the cable channel, created by a partnership between Disney/ABC TV and Univision, just turned one year old and made a slew of big hires that hints at its ambitions to lead the crowded tech news space:
- Alexis Madrigal, former editor of The Atlantic
- Kashmir Hill, senior editor at Forbes with a history of reporting on data security and related issues
- Felix Salmon, Reuters’ in-house economics wonk
- Anna Holmes, founding editor of Jezebel
- Daniela Hernandez, tech writer formerly with WIRED
If you have clients in tech, these people just got a lot more important. You should probably click on their names and follow them all on Twitter if you don’t already.