MSNBC is taking the Morning Joe brand to the afternoons, with a Morning Joe “Election Extra” during the 2pmET hour. Mika Brzezinski is anchoring, saying Joe Scarborough was “out this afternoon.” CNBC’s Larry Kudlow (on the Morning Joe set) and Pat Buchanan joined for the first segment.
• Related: Scarborough and New York magazine’s John Heilemann have an instant messenger chat about politics and the economy.
> Update: An emailer adds, “Yesterday in the 2pm hour Contessa [Brewer] hosted live from Wall St., and the day before MS had planned a special “The Economy” show… looks like they’re trying this w/ the 2pm hour.”
- Chuck Todd Signs off 'The Daily Rundown,' But Not on 'The Daily Rundown'
- Bill O'Reilly and Howard Kurtz Talk Al Sharpton's Dual Activist, MSNBC Role
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy
- Bill Wolff Moves on from MSNBC. Next Stop 'The View'