MSNBC is taking the Morning Joe brand to the afternoons, with a Morning Joe “Election Extra” during the 2pmET hour. Mika Brzezinski is anchoring, saying Joe Scarborough was “out this afternoon.” CNBC’s Larry Kudlow (on the Morning Joe set) and Pat Buchanan joined for the first segment.
• Related: Scarborough and New York magazine’s John Heilemann have an instant messenger chat about politics and the economy.
> Update: An emailer adds, “Yesterday in the 2pm hour Contessa [Brewer] hosted live from Wall St., and the day before MS had planned a special “The Economy” show… looks like they’re trying this w/ the 2pm hour.”
- Mika Brzezinski 'Won't Let' Joe Scarborough Run for President
- The Scoreboard: Thursday, March 13
- Which TV News Host Would Abraham Lincoln Side With?
- Variety: Ronan Farrow's Twitter Presence Doesn't Translate to TV