The cable nets are filling time today leading up to the big day on Tuesday. Several correspondents are standing on a empty, cold National Mall. Here are some other notes:
• Two of the three weekday Fox & Friends were in this morning (Doocy & Kilmeade); Neil Cavuto anchored a special live business block heavy on Obama/Biden train trip news, including Major Garrett live on the Obama express.
Blitzer: In just a moment, some new technology that we have developed for the moment. The moment being noon, roughly noon on Tuesday when Barack Obama is sworn in…
Cooper: Is this a hologram?
Blitzer: ah, it’s going to be something very, very exciting. David Bohrman our Washington bureau chief. I don’t know if you know this, but he is a technological genius…
Cooper: Yes, he himself is a hologram.
• MSNBC will be going live into the afternoon today and tomorrow. And while their morning anchor, Tamron Hall, is on the Mall, she’s inside a studio. Smart. Who needs an anchor with pneumonia? MSNBC.com’s Courtney Hazlett, staying at the same hotel as the Jonas Brothers, is even going sleeveless for her reports.
- Pres. Obama Calls on 'Big Cheese' Chuck Todd First, In Todd's Last Briefing for NBC News
- C-SPAN Gearing Up for Midterm Elections
- James Foley's Brother: More Could've Been Done 'Directly on Jim's Behalf'
- Did Obama White House Get Initial Insight on Ferguson From Al Sharpton?