The cable nets are filling time today leading up to the big day on Tuesday. Several correspondents are standing on a empty, cold National Mall. Here are some other notes:
• Two of the three weekday Fox & Friends were in this morning (Doocy & Kilmeade); Neil Cavuto anchored a special live business block heavy on Obama/Biden train trip news, including Major Garrett live on the Obama express.
Blitzer: In just a moment, some new technology that we have developed for the moment. The moment being noon, roughly noon on Tuesday when Barack Obama is sworn in…
Cooper: Is this a hologram?
Blitzer: ah, it’s going to be something very, very exciting. David Bohrman our Washington bureau chief. I don’t know if you know this, but he is a technological genius…
Cooper: Yes, he himself is a hologram.
• MSNBC will be going live into the afternoon today and tomorrow. And while their morning anchor, Tamron Hall, is on the Mall, she’s inside a studio. Smart. Who needs an anchor with pneumonia? MSNBC.com’s Courtney Hazlett, staying at the same hotel as the Jonas Brothers, is even going sleeveless for her reports.
- Scarborough Wonders if MSNBC Will Cover a Christie Exoneration As Much as Charges
- How Does the Obama Administration Block Information to the Press?
- Rupert Murdoch Won't Go After Time Warner 'In A Hostile Way'
- David Gregory: 'Laziness in the Media' Helps Perpetuate Political Gridlock Storyline