NBC News will cover the first presidential debate tonight from 9pm-11pmET. The broadcast will be anchored by Brian Williams in New York.
Williams will be joined by David Gregory and Savannah Guthrie. Tom Brokaw, Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell will also contribute to the program from Denver. NBC will also stream the debate live on NBCPolitics.com and on the NBC Politics app.
More information in NBC’s press release, after the jump.
NBC NEWS COVERAGE OF FIRST 2012 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE
PRIMETIME BROADCAST ANCHORED BY BRIAN WILLIAMS WITH DAVID GREGORY, SAVANNAH GUTHRIE, TOM BROKAW, CHUCK TODD, AND ANDREA MITCHELL
WILL FEATURE LIVE INTERVIEWS WITH DAVID AXELROD AND SEN. KELLY AYOTTE
“TRUTH SQUAD” EDITORIAL TEAM WILL FACT-CHECK CANDIDATES IN REAL TIME
OCTOBER 2, 2012 — NBC News will provide special network primetime coverage of the first 2012 presidential debate from 9:00pm-11:00pm ET/6:00pm-8:00pm PT on Wednesday, October 3, 2012. The debate will be held at the University of Denver in Denver, CO.
The two-hour broadcast will feature news and analysis from the trusted NBC News political team — all current or former White House correspondents:
“NBC Nightly News” and “Rock Center” anchor and managing editor Brian Williams will anchor from New York, joined by “Meet the Press” moderator David Gregory and “TODAY” co-host Savannah Guthrie; political director and chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd and veteran journalist Tom Brokaw, who has covered every presidential election since 1968, will report from Denver; and chief foreign affairs correspondent Andrea Mitchell will lead the “Truth Squad” fact-check team from Denver.
As part of Wednesday’s special coverage, Brian Williams will conduct the first post-debate interviews with two top campaign figures: David Axelrod, senior political strategist for President Obama’s re-election campaign, and Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-NH), a leading supporter for Governor Romney.
Digital and Social Integration:
* NBC News will use Mass Relevance technology to integrate social media on air during network analysis of the event. Viewers can be a part of the experience on Twitter by using the hashtag #NBCPolitics.
* In addition to the on-air broadcast, NBCNews.com will provide in-depth coverage, including multimedia updates and reporting from teams on the ground in Denver and at NBC News headquarters. The “Truth Squad” editorial team will contribute across all platforms on air and online, fact-checking the candidates’ claims.
* The site’s political destination, NBCPolitics.com, will live stream the debate and provide the latest news and analysis from the First Read blog, and social media updates from NBC’s political team. The debate live stream and reporting will also be available through the NBCPolitics app.
* The NBC News Xbox application will also be live streaming the presidential and vice-presidential debates for the 2012 election season. Users with an Xbox Live Gold membership can watch the uninterrupted debates stream inside the application.
# # #
- Which of President Obama's 2012 Election Interviews Was the Toughest?
- President Obama Takes Questions From White House Briefing Room
- 'MTP' Covers Anniversary of Boston Bombings Without Adrianne Haslet-Davis
- Savannah Guthrie on Pregnancy: 'Honestly Didn't Know If I'd Ever Get This Chance'