TVSpy LostRemote SocialTimes AgencySpy FishbowlNY FishbowlDC MediaJobsDaily TV News Jobs

Fox News

Brian Kilmeade’s Errant Basketball Throw Lives On In Toddler’s Nightmares

A month ago, “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade threw a basketball in a toddler’s face.

It wasn’t intentional, but it sparked a storm of controversy. The child, “Trick Shot” Titus Ashby, just wasn’t the same. As a new YouTube video posted by the boy’s father shows, he has had to overcome a lot since the Kilmeade incident.

WATCH:

The YouTube video actually got some play on “Fox & Friends.” Watch their reaction here.

Mediabistro Event

Meet the Pioneers of 3D Printing

Inside3DPrintingDon’t miss the chance to hear from the three men who started the 3D printing boom at the Inside 3D Printing Conference & Expo, September 17-18 in San Jose, California. Chuck Hull, Carl Deckard, and Scott Crump will explore their early technical and commercial challenges, and what it took to make 3D printing a successful business. Learn more.

Roger Ailes on Geraldo: ‘Naked pictures when you are drunk is still stupid’

In addition to talking a bit about his lineup–and the world at large–Fox News CEO Roger Ailes also spent a good deal of time at the 21st Century Fox investor conference cracking jokes. A good deal of those came at the expense of Geraldo Rivera, whose shirtless “selfie” made waves last month.

“There are always people that will rise to the occasion when there is no occasion, but it is hard to find people will do it when there is,” Ailes said, praising Rivera, before adding “Naked pictures when you are drunk is still stupid.”

Some other quips:

“I want to prove that a fat guy can get to 100 still working,” Ailes said in response to a question about retiring from Neil Cavuto. “I would like to be on Dancing with the Stars.”

“Well Geraldo turned it down, so…” Cavuto replied.

“He doesn’t need it. He’s up there shooting pictures of himself in the middle of the night,” Ailes quipped.

On “The Five”:
Read more

Roger Ailes: Improving ‘Flow’ is Impetus Behind Upcoming Lineup Changes

Fox News CEO Roger Ailes was interviewed by Neil Cavuto at the 21st Century Fox Investors conference today, and he talked a bit about his plans for the channel going forward. As we noted earlier, he declined to address the report on Drudge about Megyn Kelly moving to 9 PM, but he did say that there will be changes coming to the lineup that are designed to improve its “flow.”

“One of my jobs is to get the best audience flow between shows and that’s one of the reason I’m making a few changes right now,” he said.

It sounds as though 3 PM and 7 PM anchor Shepard Smith will be one of those affected by the lineup changes.

“Shep and I have been working quietly on something we will roll out in September on how news is presented, a new way to deliver news,” Ailes said. “Shep is the premiere newsman in the country. Everyone wanted to hire him, he stayed with us.”

With “The Five” and “Special Report” both politics-centric from 5-7 PM, the 7 PM slot is ripe for a change, to better lead-in to FNC’s primetime lineup. Whether Smith stays in that timeslot with a new format or someone else moves, remains to be seen.

“I am a great believer in making changes that need to be made,” Ailes said. “You will see things, not just in talent–and I think picking talent is one of the things that are essential to winning–but also the rise of social media, the digital side of our unit is growing.”

To that end, Ailes said that there was an effort to appeal more to younger viewers, driven by digital. “The Five” is a big part of that. “It appeals to young people, and it going to be a big Internet project for us as well,” he said.

Ailes also broke some radio news.

Read more

Roger Ailes on Megyn Kelly Report: ‘All of Our Stars Will be Back’

Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes is being interviewed by Neil Cavuto at this hour in California at a 21st Century Fox investors conference.

The first question Cavuto asked was about the rumor, first reported on Drudge Report, that Megyn Kelly will me moving into the 9pmET timeslot this Fall. “Generally, I don’t confirm or deny any rumors, and that is a rumor at the moment,” said Ailes, adding “all of our stars will be back.”

As for Hannity, who currently hosts the 9pm hour, Ailes said, “Hannity is a brand that many of our viewers love and want to see, and, as you know, is one of the nicest guys in the building.”

Ailes did say he’s been having conversations with Shepard Smith about “a new way to deliver news.” This could mean a lot of things, including that Smith’s 7pm timeslot is up for grabs.

Developing…

Report: Megyn Kelly Moving to ‘Hannity’ Timeslot on Fox News

Megyn Kelly is set to take over the 9pmET hour when she returns from maternity leave this Fall, according to the Drudge Report.

Fox News announced a move to primetime last month. It is not immediately clear where Sean Hannity, who currently hosts the 9 p.m. hour, will move. Hannity, along with Bill O’Reilly, Greta Van Susteren, Bret Baier and Shepard Smith, recently signed long-term contracts with Fox News Channel.

Drudge reports an official announcement “is set for later this month.” A spokesperson for the network did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Fox News chairman and CEO Roger Ailes is set to speak to 21st Century Fox investors this afternoon. The heads of all divisions of the newly-formed company are laying out a roadmap for investors.

Kelly’s addition to primetime will be the first significant change to the network’s primetime programming in 11 years, when Greta Van Susteren took over the 10pm slot from Paula Zahn in January, 2002. In 2008, Alan Colmes departed “Hannity and Colmes” leaving the 9pm slot to Hannity.

Joe Scarborough: ‘I Really Need to be Calling My Agent’

On “Morning Joe” today, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski got into it over the RNC considering shutting out NBC and CNN from primary debates in 2015/16 because both networks are planning to produce films about Hillary Clinton, who may or may not be a Democratic candidate for president.

The discussion, as it often does, turned to the politically polarized cable news channels. Brzezinski called Fox News, “a mouthpiece for the republican party.”  Scarborough then questioned, “What do you think MSNBC is at night?” Mika responded, “I don’t think so.”

“Of course you don’t think so because you are a democrat,” Scarborough said, adding, “Whereas I am fair minded and down the middle and in so much trouble right now I really need to be calling my agent.”

(h/t HotAir)

Reince Priebus: ‘[CNN and NBC] can do whatever they want to do, and I can do what I want to do’

RNC chairman Reince Priebus took to TV to explain the letters he sent to CNN and NBC threatening to exclude them from any potential 2016 primary debates if they don’t cancel programming they have planned about Hillary Clinton.

Priebus gave his first interview about the letters to Bloomberg TV at 4:45 PM yesterday, where he acknowledged that regardless of what happens, he wants to cut back on the number of debates for the next cycle.

“I am not dictating to them what to do, they can do whatever they want to do, and I can do what I want to do,” Priebus said “And what I want to do is let them know that if they are going to spend millions of dollars promoting a Democratic candidate, then we will just shut them out of our debates, and that’s ok, they can choose to do that.”

WATCH:

Priebus also appeared yesterday evening on “Hannity,” where he noted that Democrats boycotted a Fox News debate in the 2008 cycle, as Slate’s David Weigel recalls here.

WATCH:
Read more

Sean Hannity To Interview RNC Chairman Reince Priebus About NBC, CNN Letters

Fox News Channel host Sean Hannity will interview RNC chairman Reince Priebus tonight about the letters he sent to NBC Entertainment and CNN regarding their respective upcoming Hillary Clinton mini-series and feature film.

Update: Priebus also appeared on Bloomberg TV. Watch both interviews here.

Priebus said that unless the companies canceled the plans to air the features, the RNC would recommend that neither NBC News nor CNN host any GOP primary debates during the 2016 Presidential cycle. CNN responded, saying that “limiting their debate participation seems to be the ultimate disservice to voters.”

Meanwhile, on CNN itself, Jake Tapper covered the letters during “The Lead.” He asked Republican CNN contributor Ana Navarro (as well as Democratic strategist Jamal Simmons and the National Journal‘s Ron Brownstein) about the move:

“When the announcement came out, I lifted an eyebrow, it’s not something that I like,” Navarro said. “We had over 20 debates [in 2012] that were frankly cringe inducing and in many republicans’ minds–including my own–very hurtful for the party. I think that it’s important for the RNC to get control of this debate process so we’re not having one every week and they end up being hurtful to the candidates in a difficult process.”

Rick Folbaum Signs Off From Fox News

Fox News anchor Rick Folbaum signed off from the channel this week. Shepard Smith was among those who wished him well in a farewell segment. They also showed footage from one of his first on-air reports.

WATCH:

Folbaum is joining a Miami CBS O&O as an anchor.

In Profile: Luke Russert, Jenna Lee

  • NBC News correspondent Luke Russert is the subject of an extensive profile in The New Republic. “Russert knows how he got in the door at NBC. But he points out that the network is a profit-making enterprise, not an after-school program for the children of celebrities… “They sort of forget the fact that a lot of us could not do that job. It is a specific skill set [to be on TV],” a former Capitol Hill reporter said of Russert-haters. “And he has the skills. He’s good.”

  • Fox News Channel’s Jenna Lee is profiled by Women’s Health, and asks her about her 25-mile Grand Canyon rim hike. “One of the reasons Lee says her experience was such a success was because of her prep. There are just so many things that can go wrong, that you have no control of, when you’re in nature, she says.”

NEXT PAGE >>