Thanks in part to CNN’s evening shows, CNN’s month-old morning show came in first among younger viewers Tuesday, topping “Fox & Friends,” “Morning Joe” and HLN’s “Morning Express.”
The last time CNN beat its cable rivals in the 6-9am timeslot in the demo was April 19, the morning of the Boston bomber manhunt. Before that, it was April 29, 2011, the day British royals William and Kate were wed.
Fox News still more than doubled CNN’s total viewer draw Tuesday.
CNN’s “New Day,” which launched one month ago today, benefited from CNN’s primetime coverage Monday night: Anderson Cooper‘s interview (the one and only so far) with a George Zimmerman juror, and Piers Morgan‘s interview with Trayvon Martin‘s friend Rachel Jeantel.
- 6-9am | Tuesday, July 23.
Network: A25-54 / Total Viewers
CNN: 186,000 / 408,000
FNC: 176,000 / 1.045M
HLN: 165,000 / 301,000
MSNBC: 135,000 / 376,000
- CNN Wins Every Hour Tuesday in the Demo
- The Scoreboard: Tuesday, Nov. 25
- 'It's Outrageous': Critic Says CNN's Van Jones Had No Place 'On the Streets' in Ferguson
- WaPo Reporter Calls Don Lemon 'Aggressively Subjective CNN Polemicist'