Forbes Magazine asked CBS “Evening News” anchor Katie Couric to put together a list of the seven most powerful figures in media, though her list focuses on new media chiefs. Find out who she picked after the jump.
- Sergey Brin and Larry Page, Co-founders, Google
- Julius Genachowski, Chairman, Federal Communications Commission
- Arianna Huffington, Co-founder, The Huffington Post
- Jory Des Jardins, Elisa Camahort Page and Lisa Stone, Founders, BlogHer
- Craig Newmark, Founder, Craigslist
- Biz Stone and Evan Williams, Co-founders, Twitter
- Mark Zuckerberg, Co-founder, Facebook
- The Evening Ticker: Vieira, Díaz-Balart, Arrarás
- The Ticker: WiCi, Over-Under, Devour!
- The Ticker: CNBC 25, Fusion's 1st, '60' is 7th
- The A.M. Ticker: Mukpo, Asprea, Mankiewicz