Here are some notes for cable news coverage this Sunday as the health care reform bill heads to a vote tomorrow afternoon:
• Fox News Channel will be live Saturday and Sunday. Weekday anchors Bill Hemmer and Martha MacCallum will be in for “America’s Newsroom at 9amET, and Megyn Kelly will anchor “America Live” at 1pmET. Shepard Smith will be live from New York at 3pmET, and Neil Cavuto will anchor “Your World” from DC’s the Newseum at 4pmET. Then a special edition of On the Record with Greta Van Susteren at 5pm, Special Report with Bret Baier at 6pm, FOX Report with Shep at 7pm and then live Sunday night coverage of the weekday programs, O’Reilly at 8pm, Hannity at 9pm and Greta at 10pm.
• CNN provides special coverage beginning at 1pmET
approximately 2pmET (depending on when the vote is). Wolf Blitzer, Candy Crowley and John King will be joined by members of the BPTOT for full coverage of the latest developments in the health care debate and vote. A special health care-focused edition of Larry King Live will begin at 9pmET.
• Fox Business Network will be live Sunday beginning at 2pmET with Cavuto at the Newseum in Washington, DC and Stuart Varney from New York.
• CNBC is producing a live primetime special at 9pmET co-anchored by Michelle Caruso Cabrera and Carl Quintanilla. In addition, CNBC’s Tyler Mathisen and Hampton Pearson will report live from Capitol Hill and CNBC’s Chief Washington Correspondent John Harwood will provide instant analysis.
>Update: Two hours of debate begins at 2pmET with a final vote expected no earlier than 8:30pmET. Democrats say they have the 216 votes needed.
> More: Diane Sawyer will anchor ABC’s World News. CBS’ Russ Mitchell anchors CBS Evening News but will be preempted on the east coast due to the NCAA tournament. CBS News plans a special report in primetime when the votes are counted.
- Which of President Obama's 2012 Election Interviews Was the Toughest?
- President Obama Takes Questions From White House Briefing Room
- BuzzFeed: Networks Rejected White House Request For Primetime Press Conference
- Megyn Kelly Interviews Chris Christie