Here’s what TVNewser has learned about how GMA got the interview: the Splash News interview was bought by Radaronline.com, then ABC News paid Radaronline.com a licensing fee to air it.
So, ABC News pays Radaronline.com, Radaronline.com paid Splash News and Splash News likely paid Grandma Suleman. Last week there were questions raised as to how “Today” landed their mom exclusive.
• This was also Sully Day on two of the morning shows, CBS’s The Early Show as well as GMA. And since the US Airways pilot’s handlers gave his first interview to Katie Couric instead of Lauer, how did Today play it? With a “shrug of the shoulders,” writes Newsday.
- Dan Abrams To Become 'Nightline,' Chief Legal Affairs Anchor For ABC News
- Terry Moran Named Chief Foreign Correspondent For ABC News
- ABC Rolls Out New 'This Week' Promos
- ABC News 'Pink Slime' Lawsuit Sent Back To State Court