What about that spat with Rachel Maddow, when you abruptly walked off the set in the middle of a disagreement over Obama?
Oh, gosh, I don’t even remember that. How long ago was that? In ’67? Who remembers anything from the summer of love?
Didn’t you once make TV history for uttering a certain profanity on your show?
I think Bono said the word, too, during the Grammy Awards. He’s worth about $200 million more than me. He can get away with it.
Have you had coffee with Keith Olbermann, your fellow MSNBC host?
We don’t hang out. We don’t go to Mets games or Yankees games together, but then again, with my hours, I don’t hang out with anybody. I work and come home to my Upper West Side apartment.
But your wife and two youngest children live in Washington.
They bounce back and forth.
How do you justify living apart from your family?
Would you ask a liberal the same question? Do you think I am less of a father or husband because I have to commute?
• Related: Scarborough’s Q&A with Newsweek’s Johnnie L. Roberts.
- Bill O'Reilly and Howard Kurtz Talk Al Sharpton's Dual Activist, MSNBC Role
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy
- Bill Wolff Moves on from MSNBC. Next Stop 'The View'
- Did Obama White House Get Initial Insight on Ferguson From Al Sharpton?