What about that spat with Rachel Maddow, when you abruptly walked off the set in the middle of a disagreement over Obama?
Oh, gosh, I don’t even remember that. How long ago was that? In ’67? Who remembers anything from the summer of love?
Didn’t you once make TV history for uttering a certain profanity on your show?
I think Bono said the word, too, during the Grammy Awards. He’s worth about $200 million more than me. He can get away with it.
Have you had coffee with Keith Olbermann, your fellow MSNBC host?
We don’t hang out. We don’t go to Mets games or Yankees games together, but then again, with my hours, I don’t hang out with anybody. I work and come home to my Upper West Side apartment.
But your wife and two youngest children live in Washington.
They bounce back and forth.
How do you justify living apart from your family?
Would you ask a liberal the same question? Do you think I am less of a father or husband because I have to commute?
• Related: Scarborough’s Q&A with Newsweek’s Johnnie L. Roberts.
- Critic: Cable News Walking Fine Line Between Coverage and 'Inciting Violent Mood'
- Rachel Racusen Leaves White House for MSNBC
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie: 'There’s an Agenda at The Network Level at MSNBC'
- Ayman Mohyeldin Moves to New York, Will Fill-In Anchor for MSNBC