We have some updates to our roundup of news network coverage for the 5th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina:
- CBS: Harry Smith will anchor “The Early Show” from New Orleans on Friday the 27th for full anniversary coverage throughout the program, including reports from correspondents Michelle Miller and Betty Nguyen. Mark Strassman will report that day for “Evening News” and Jeff Greenfield will have a report for “CBS Sunday Morning.” Russ Mitchell will anchor Sunday’s “Evening News” from New Orleans as well. The Saturday “Early Show” and “Evening News” will also provide coverage.
- CNN: Anderson Cooper will anchor “AC360″ from New Orleans Wednesday-Friday this week. The network will air an “AC360″ special on Thursday titled, “In Katrina’s Wake Building Up America.” More: John Roberts anchors “American Morning” on Friday from the Lower 9th Ward. Soledad O’Brien will report live.
- Fox News: Jonathan Hunt, Trace Gallagher, and Arthel Neville will be reporting from the Gulf for “Studio B” and “Fox Report” starting on Thursday the 26th.
- The Newseum in Washington DC has a new exhibit opening Friday examining press coverage of Katrina.
For our complete list of coverage plans — including the broadcast and cable nets — click here.
- Six of 10 Highest Paid CEOs are in Media
- Courtney Friel Hit On During Live Shot
- Snoop Dogg Might Be One of Larry King's 'Main Men,' but Donald Sterling Isn't
- The Best/Worst Valentine's for TV News Ladies