A TVNewser tipster tells us MSNBC producers were asked not to incorporate the Jim Cramer/Jon Stewart interview into their shows today. In fact, the only time it came up on MSNBC was during the White House briefing, when a member of the press corps asked Press Secretary Robert Gibbs if Pres. Obama watched. Gibbs wasn’t sure if the president had, but Gibbs did. “I enjoyed it thoroughly,” the Press Secretary said.
On Cramer’s network, CNBC, the subject has only come up twice today, including when master marketer/CNBC personality Donny Deutsch brought it up briefly around 1pm on “Power Lunch.” “I’m a huge Jon Stewart fan,” said Deutsch, “He does what he does he does his job. But I’m also a huge Jim Cramer fan. He sticks up for the little guy, he cares, he puts his neck out, and I respect that. I respect both those guys.”
Cramer appeared on his regular “Stop Trading” segment during “Street Signs.” But the Daily Show did not come up. With anchor Erin Burnett in Washington, the discussion was about banking policy and the Federal Reserve, ending with Cramer saying, “Ben Bernanke‘s got the magic.” (A far cry from Cramer’s “Wake-Up” call to Bernanke in August ’07.)
Insiders tell TVNewser Cramer will talk about Stewart tonight on “Mad Money” (6pmET & 11pmET).
• Earlier on TVNewser: Cramer a No-Show on “Morning Joe”; No Clips Played on “Today” Show…
- NBC News Producer's Sons Were Inside Peshawar School During Attack
- Everyone is a Newser with NBC News' Stringwire App
- Brian Williams Signs New Deal with NBC
- Creepy Overnight TV News Stringer Jake Gyllenhaal Talks Golden Globe Nom