More details are emerging about the abrupt departure of Dylan Ratigan from CNBC. We just got off the phone with CNBC spokesperson Brian Steel who says, “Dylan has told us he is leaving effective today.”
In what was a mutual decision, Steel tells TVNewser, “Due to the serious economic times in which we live, we made a decision that it would be a distraction for Dylan to host ‘Fast Money’ today.”
Melissa Lee is expected to fill in on “Fast Money” for the time being.
• Earlier: Dylan Ratigan Departing CNBC
- Bogus $72 Million High School Student Was Ready to go on CNBC
- Exclusive: Erin Burnett on Her Show's Success, And Her Most Surprising Supporter
- CNBC Doesn't Plan on Letting CNN, MSNBC Take Over Marijuana Programming
- TheStreet Investors Calling for Jim Cramer to Quit CNBC