O’Brien didn’t directly give her take on it, but did on the uproar. “When things happen, people rarely call up and complain,” she said. “I’m tired of that. If you have a problem, grab a lot of people, demand that you’re pissed off and you’re not going to stand for it.
“If there’s one lesson learned through Katrina, it’s that no one is coming to save you,” O’Brien exclaimed, to cheers from the crowd.
• Related: Jon Stewart reacts to the media’s reaction over the cover, last night on The Daily Show. Click continued to see the clip…
- As Time Warner Ends Vice Talks, A&E Plans $250M Stake in Media Company
- Reporter Departs CNN with Pencils, Pads, First Aid Kit and One Regret: 'There Are Far Too Few Redheads on CNN'
- Attorney Wants Retraction of CNN Story
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'