- Bloomberg TV’s Trish Regan is hosting a two-hour special, “The American Dream,” at 12pmET tomorrow. Regan told TVNewser that she came up with the concept to celebrate patriotism during the current uncertain economy. “This Independence Day, let’s remember we’ve also got unique and defining strengths,” she said. “Work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit and a resilient democracy.”
- MSNBC’s Ed Schultz tells the New York Post about his summer vacation plans. “Our whole biological clock in this business is based on deadlines,” he said. “We are creatures of habit in this business and we are slave to the deadline, so when you go on vacation, just about anything makes you happy.”
- For the next three weeks, NBC will air two hours of “Dateline” on Friday evenings at 9pmET/8pmCT. This week’s edition features a scuba-diving mystery reported by Dennis Murphy.
- The Morning Ticker: Sorkin's Apology, Walters Proclamation, Comcast Opposition
- The Morning Ticker: Velshi Expanding, 'Today' Gets SiriusXM, CEOs Score
- The Sunday Ticker: Singing, Spying, Winning
- The Saturday Ticker: Business Politics, Morning Baseball, Jazzy Weather