- President Obama will be making his first trip to NBC’s “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” next week. The show will tape live from the University of North Carolina, with musical guest Dave Matthews. The booking is also a coup for Fallon, which becomes the first non-news program to book President Obama this election cycle, now that Mitt Romney is all but assured the GOP nomination. Fallon is soliciting questions for the President via Twitter, so ask away!
- BBC America hosted its annual upfront party last night in New York, and it was more bacchanal than boring. Fire breathers, ring-dancers and men and women in fanciful and frightening costumes were abound. More details at our sister site FishbowlNY.
- Fox News Channel anchor Shepard Smith will be returning to his alma mater Ole Miss. Smith will be emceeing a dinner in honor of Giants quarterback Eli Manning, who is also an Ole Miss alum, as well as a friend of Smith’s. The Ole Miss M-Club Alumni Chapter is organizing the event, which will also have Eli’s brother Peyton Manning and father Archie Manning in attendance.
- The Afternoon Ticker: Quick, Quintanilla, Muir
- The Morning Ticker: Sawyer's Stand, Global Concert, Obama Statement
- The Afternoon Ticker: Bloomberg & Iowa, Fusion & USC, Weather & Climate
- The Morning Ticker: CNN Threat, 'Joe' Get, 'Meet' Set