- MSNBC has officially upped Lauren Skowronski to VP of media relations. Skowronski had been director of media relations for MSNBC, and took over the department on an interim basis when PR chief Jeremy Gaines left the cabler earlier this year. “Lauren gets MSNBC,” said MSNBC president Phil Griffin in a statement. “She’s creative, a strategic thinker, whose proven track record has earned the trust and respect of our talent and management.”
- Speaking of PR, our sister blog PRNewser attended a Paley Center event featuring CNN anchor Soledad O’Brien. “The anchor said her upbringing “shaped her as an outsider, which was a challenge at times.” But from that experience she also learned “your bosses don’t have to love you, and you can still succeed if your work is good. It’s not a popularity contest,” she added.”
- Fox News host Jeanine Pirro is profiled in the New York Daily News as her semi-autobiographical novel Sly Fox (get it?) is released. “So then, is it likely that Dani will some day follow her creator’s footsteps into the political arena? And if so, will real-life characters find their way into her fiction again? ‘Yes, she will,’ promises Pirro. ‘And all I can say is that it will be an interesting book.’”
From: Griffin, Phil (NBCUniversal)
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 3:33 PM
To: @MSNBC Everyone
It is my pleasure to announce that Lauren Skowronski has accepted the position of Vice President of Media Relations for MSNBC. Lauren has been a strong player at MSNBC and NBC News for 7+ years, and will continue to lead MSNBC’s media strategy in her new role. Please join me in congratulating her on this exciting opportunity.
LAUREN SKOWRONSKI Named Vice President, MEDIA RELATIONS FOR MSNBC
NEW YORK –July 23, 2012 – Lauren Skowronski has been named Vice President, Media Relations for MSNBC. In this role, Skowronski will manage internal and external communications for the network, including program publicity and the overall media strategy. She will serve as the chief spokesperson for the network. The announcement was made today by MSNBC President Phil Griffin, to whom she will report.
“I’m thrilled to add Lauren to the MSNBC executive team as we continue to grow the network,” said Griffin. “Lauren gets MSNBC. She’s creative, a strategic thinker, whose proven track record has earned the trust and respect of our talent and management.”
Most recently, Skowronski was the Director of MSNBC Media Relations for the past three years managing communications and publicity for “Way Too Early with Willie Geist,” “Morning Joe,” “The Rachel Maddow Show,” and “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell.” Previously, she spent four years in various roles in the communications department for NBC News, including assignments on “NBC Nightly News,” “Meet the Press,” “Dateline,” “Today,” digital properties and network correspondents. Skowronski began her career as an NBC Page and is a member of the New York Women in Communications Board of Directors.
Skowronski is a graduate of Syracuse University with a B.A in Policy Studies and Public Relations. She resides in New York City.
- The Ticker: CBS News, Webby Awards, Beck
- The Morning Ticker: Everest Doc, Cooper Stalker, Jennings Move
- The Morning Ticker: Sorkin's Apology, Walters Proclamation, Comcast Opposition
- The Morning Ticker: Velshi Expanding, 'Today' Gets SiriusXM, CEOs Score