A quick shout-out to everyone who came out for the first TVNewser Summit yesterday. And not to go all Donald Trump on you, but it was huge. It was a half-day packed with news, information, advice and debate about where the TV News industry is heading.
• Portfolio.com’s Jeff Bercovici wrote about Alexis Glick‘s pseudo-support for business news colleague Jim Cramer. Jeff also picked up on an audience question for MSBNC’s Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski about whether there was any “sexual tension” between the two. That question just happened to come from our boss Laurel Touby. Breitbart.tv has the video here.
• B&C’s David Tanklefsky wrote about the second panel moderated by NOW on PBS’s Joel Schwartzberg and included execs from ABC, CBS/CNet, CNNMoney, and Fox News/Fox Business. “The digital chiefs discussed the importance of hiring editorial talent that could multi-task: write, edit, shoot and report the same story for different platforms. They also talked about how to reach Internet viewers with short attention spans, airing grittier content that would not appear on network television, and how to use social networking sites to drive viewers to content.”
After the summit, mediabistro.com’s Jonathan Federico got reaction from some of the attendees:
And Steve talked with some of the panelists after their sessions, including Scarborough, Brzezinski, Glick and Rome Hartman. Look for that video later this week on the blog.
- Come to Mediabistro's Intern Party in NYC!
- Katie Couric, Andrea Mitchell Featured at Aspen Ideas
- VIDEO: Career Advice From Kathie Lee and Hoda at the Matrix Awards
- Broadcast of D-Day +70 Commemoration In Jeopardy