With the U.N. General Assembly meeting in full swing, the tvnewsers have had access to some major world figures this week:
- Katie Couric sat down with President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran this morning for an interview that will air this evening.
- Charlie Gibson interviewed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Monday for ABC’s “World News.”
- ABC’s Chris Cuomo interviewed Pakistan’s Pervez Musharraf for Thursday’s GMA.
- NBC’s Brian Williams interviewed British PM Gordon Brown for tonight’s “Nightly News.”
- FNC’s Bret Baier has been broadcasting “Special Report” live from the U.N. last night and again tonight. Monday he interviewed Netanyahu. Thursday, he has an exclusive with Lech Kaczynski, the President of Poland.
- Wolf Blitzer also interviewed Netanyahu Tuesday for CNN’s “Situation Room.”
- CNN’s Christiane Amanpour will have an exclusive interview with the President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, tomorrow. It’s his first in quite some time with a western journalist.
- Over the next three days, CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo will interview former British PM Tony Blair, PM of Qatar Hamad bin Jasim bin Jabir al-Thani, PM of Canada Stephen Harper, President of Brazil Luis Ignacio Lula da Silva, France’s Minister of Economic Affairs Christine Lagarde and the President of the Czech Republic VÃ¡clav Klaus.
- CNN’s Larry King sat down with Hugo Chavez, President of Venezuela, for an exclusive interview airing Thursday evening.
We will update as we receive new information.
- 'Oh, God, It's Mom': Political Strategist Brothers Scolded by Mom on C-SPAN
- Barack Obama Becomes Stephen Colbert Being Bill O'Reilly: 'How Hard Can This Be?'
- Ann Compton: 'I Have Seen Barack Obama Really Angry Twice'
- Boston Globe Critic Watches Scott Brown on Fox's 'Outnumbered': 'You Gotta Pay the Rent'