It was a split decision for the weekend morning shows during the May sweeps period. On Saturdays, ABC’s “Good Morning America” won in Total Viewers and NBC’s “Today” won in the A25-54 demographic. On Sundays, “CBS Sunday Morning” won in both ratings measurements.
“GMA Saturday’”s Total Viewer-win is the show’s first May sweeps win since the debut of its current format in 2004. It was the largest-ever overall May sweeps audience for the show’s Saturday edition, which improved upon the year-ago sweep by +17% in Total Viewers. “GMA Saturday” also won in the C3 ratings (commercial ratings + 3 days playback) in both ratings measurements for the first time ever.
On Sundays, “Today” beat “GMA” by +90,000 Total Viewers and +40,000 A25-54 viewers. As usual, ratings stalwart “CBS Sunday Morning” was the most-watched Sunday morning newscast in both Total Viewers and A25-54 viewers, making “GMA” third in both ratings measurements.
The Saturday averages for May 2013 sweeps:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 3.63M / NBC: 3.54M / CBS: 1.74M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 1.21M / ABC: 1.18M / CBS: 559K
The Sunday averages for May 2013 sweeps:
- Total Viewers: CBS: 5.75M / NBC: 3.47M / ABC: 3.38M
- A25-54 viewers: CBS: 1.78M / NBC: 1.11M / ABC: 1.07M
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 4
- What Time Do the Morning Show Anchors Wake Up?
- 'Reclaiming the Morning Television Crown is Nothing Short of a Mania Inside NBCUniversal'
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of July 28 and July 2014 Sweeps