NBC’s “Today” may have lost its lead during the week, but the show’s weekend broadcasts are still hanging on to a small lead over the weekend editions of ABC’s “Good Morning America.”
In the fourth quarter of 2012, “Today” had a slight Total Viewer lead on Saturdays, edging “GMA” by +62,000 for the top spot. The two shows are tied in the A25-54 demographic for the quarter.
On Sundays, NBC leads ABC by +34,000 Total Viewers and +22,000 A25-54 viewers, but ratings stalwart “CBS Sunday Morning” has a commanding lead over both “Today” and “GMA.”
The Saturday averages for Q4 2012:
- Total Viewers: NBC: 3.587M / ABC: 3.525M / CBS: 1.769M
- A25-54 viewers: NBC: 1.233M / ABC: 1.233M / CBS: 641K
The Sunday averages for Q4 2012:
- Total Viewers: CBS: 5.505M / NBC: 3.185M / ABC: 3.151M
- A25-54 viewers: CBS: 1.734M / NBC: 1.054M / ABC: 1.032M
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 11
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 4
- What Time Do the Morning Show Anchors Wake Up?
- 'Reclaiming the Morning Television Crown is Nothing Short of a Mania Inside NBCUniversal'