1. Despite all the various multimedia skills I’ve learned over the years, the only one I’ll really use is Flash.
2. Good journalism jobs are hard to find…and worth fighting for.
3. Most of my future co-workers will not be as effervescent and optimistic as my classmates.
4. Hold on to those business cards.
5. Always keep a clear separation between work and personal life.
6. Two weeks to complete a story is not really a deadline.
7. Fast food is not a lifestyle; pack a lunch.
8. I will not work 24 hours a day like I do in J-School. I will, however, do the same amount of work in an 8-hour day.
9. There is this thing called a cubicle…
10. There’s always public relations.
Also on 10,000 Words: