When a man as inspiring and good as Nelson Mandela passes, it’s hard to do him justice in memorial. Some have tried – with timelines, photo galleries, and interactive spaces where readers can share their memories of him. Here are a few ways the news world is remembering Mandela:
1) The New York Times has a timeline and a photogallery, but my favorite part is the collection of his speeches, arranged by category.
3) The ever visual La Repubblica went with a sleek, easy to navigate photogallery, and, knowing it wouldn’t be enough, added links to other galleries around the web.
Have you seen other tributes you like around the web? Share them in the comments or tweet us with them.
- SXSWi 2014: Glenn Greenwald on Social Media, Surveillance and the Purpose of Journalism
- There's a Lack of Diversity in New Media Orgs. How Do We Fix It?
- SXSWi Day 3: Journalism Can Make For Great Business, Says The Atlantic's Scott Havens
- Project X No More: Understanding the News with Vox