— DIANE CLEHANE
There were plenty of movers, shakers and deal makers at Michael’s today to keep things interesting, but a little birdie told me the media A-list was also out in force yesterday. So, as a public service to Lunch’s faithful readers, here’s who was there on Tuesday: Matt Lauer with Jack Welch, Page Six’s new editor Emily Smith and publicist Peggy Siegal presiding over one of her legendary lunches with Ed Zwick, Jean Doumanian, Meryl Poster, Jonathan Alter, Jodi Applegate and Lori Singer (Yes, the one from Footloose!).
With that bit of news out of the way, I can tell you that I was intrigued by all the networking I saw today. It was a little more overt than usual — and that’s saying something. However, some folks, like my Greenwich neighbor Kathie Lee Gifford (looking better than ever, by the way), just come to this quiet little spot to relax with friends. I asked Kathie what she thought of co-host Hoda Kotb‘s new book, Hoda: How I Survived War Zones, Bad Hair and Kathie Lee, and she told me, “I’m so happy for her! She has been working so hard. Tonight she finds out if she made it on to the Times‘ best seller list, and these days that takes a lot.” We wouldn’t bet against her.
But not all the action was happening in the dining room. We spotted Patti Stanger of Bravo’s Millionaire Matchmaker pacing outside of Michael’s front window, screaming into her cellphone, stomping her feet and dropping f-bombs like there was no tomorrow. I have no idea who was on the receiving end of the ear-splitting call, but I can tell you it wasn’t exactly a love connection.
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
4. Stephen Swid
5. Showtime’s head honcho Matt Blank
6. Washington power broker Bob Barnett, presiding over a table full of suits. Desiree Rogers stopped by the table to offer her hellos and slipped Bob her card. Just asking: Could the newly minted CEO of Johnson Publishing Company be readying her own page turner chronicling her short stint as social secretary at the Obama White House? Bob, who has brilliantly guided a roster of politicos including Sarah Palin to the best seller lists, would be just the man to help her do it. Stay tuned.
12. Lucianne Goldberg with her director of communications Bonnie Dudley and Diane Dimond, who told me she was off to Chicago tomorrow to give a lecture about her latest book, Cirque de Salahi (love the title!) about those White House gatecrashers, Michaele and Tareq Salahi. Diane, who made the rounds with the couple promoting the book on Today and Fox & Friends, tells me that she had the controversial couple’s full cooperation when writing the book, but since its publication they’re not exactly best pals. If you saw the delusional duo in action on The Real Housewives of DC this doesn’t exactly come as a surprise, does it?
14. Ambassador Carl Spielvogel
16. Playboy‘s Chris Napolitano
21. Attorney Michael Sitrick
22. Faye Golub
23. Bruce Kogut from Columbia’s Business School, so we’re told …
25. PR impresario Tom Goodman
26. Cindy Moore
27. ESPN’s Maura Mandt
28. Gloria Geraci
29. Maralyn Dolan
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Ed Rollins, Norah O'Donnell and New England's Next Late Night Star
- Special Fashion Week Edition! Dishing With the Designer Who Makes Taylor Swift Shine
- Exclusive: The Dish on That Book About Katie Couric, Diane Sawyer and Christiane Amanpour
- Taking a Lunch Break...