The October issue of Cosmopolitan features some financial tips on shopping during a recession featuring Fox Business‘s Jenna Lee (right), CNBC‘s Rebecca Jarvis, ABC News‘ Bianna Golodryga and finance journalist Farnoosh Torabi.
The tips from the pros are pretty standard, but here they are, in case you’re interested:
- Jarvis suggests making purchases on a credit card that earns cash back or perks and splurging on a suit while picking up tank tops at H&M or Old Navy and accessories from J. Crew.
- Says Lee: “If it takes too long to rationalize buying an item, that’s an instant sign you shouldn’t have it.”
- Torabi advises not to splurge on sunglasses and suggests using cash to buy things under $100.
- Golodryga says she invests in black and neutral clothing and shops off season. She also wears flip flops and switches into designer shoes for events, in order to make her good shoes last longer.
More pictures of the financial fashion plates after the jump
- Greg Coleman Talks BuzzFeed
- Arianna Huffington: 'I'm 64-Years-Old and I've Never Had Plastic Surgery'
- Harper's Publisher Doesn't Mind 'Weblogs,' Still Hates Internet
- Mark Aldam, President of Hearst Newspapers on the Future of Print