Several news outlets reported last night that General Electric had reached an agreement with Vivendi to buy the remaining stake in NBC Universal that it did not yet own. This long-expected agreement now paves the way for Comcast to step in and pick up a controlling interested in NBCU from GE.
Our sister blog TVNewser has a run down of some of the coverage on the deal. Among the highlights:
- GE will reportedly buy Vivendi’s 20 percent stake in NBCU for about $5.8 billion.
- The 51 percent stake in NBCU that Comcast has been eying is valued at about $30 billion
- If the GE-Comcast deal doesn’t close by the end of next year, GE has agreed to pay Vivendi an additional $2 billion.
Read more: General Electric, Vivendi Agree On NBCU Stake, Paving Way for Comcast Deal –TVNewser
Previously: Zucker To Lead Comcast-NBCU Venture
- Samantha Bee Pays a Visit to the New York Times
- Perez Hilton to Star in Gay Dads of New York
- Dateline NBC Delves Into Unsolved Murder of Newspaper Reporter's Brother
- How To Get Your Reality Show On The Air