Once again, American Idol was the top prime time show in New York, for the week ending March 13. Last week’s performance and results show were number one and two, respectively.
On Wednesday night, as the show pared down to 13 finalists, the two-hour program was tops with 1.8 million viewers on Fox 5 and a 9.3 rating, according to the Nielsen Company. (The Fox 5 News at 10 with Ernie Anastos and Dari Alexander followed Idol with a 15th-place showing–642,000/3.2.)
The Idol results show on Thursday had nearly identical numbers–1.8 million and a 9.1 rating.
But, WNYW wasn’t done with its Top 5 dominance, as Glee hit the right notes to land at number three (1.1 million/5.8).
Even House got into the act, registering its best ratings of the season on WNYW with fifth place (879,000/4.4).
Sandwiched between Glee and House was MTV’s Jersey Shore, pulling in a number four (1 million/4.9).
Rounding out the Top 10 after the jump
While Fox 5 had control over the first half of the Top 10, WCBS owned the second part.
- Sixth The Mentalist WCBS (865,000/4.3)
- *Sixth 60 Minutes WCBS (864,000/4.3)
- Eighth Big Bang Theory WCBS (820,000/4.1)
- Ninth CSI WCBS (794,000/3.9)
- Tenth Blue Blood WCBS (754,000/3.7)
WCBS kept the streak going with three other shows tying for 11 (CSI: Miami, NCIS: L.A., and Two and a Half Men).
WNBC made only two appearances in the Top 30–Celebrity Apprentice at 14 (657,000/3.3) and Harry’s Law at 29 (520,000/2.6).
WABC also had just two entries in the survey–Secret Millionaire in 21st place (593,000/2.9) and Modern Family at 25 (535,000/2.7).
- How Steve Hofstetter Went From Writing for Sports Illustrated, to Hosting a TV Show
- Michael Wolff: NY Times Should Buy CNN
- Critics Sip on 'Shark-Tinis' at Sharknado 2 Premiere
- Long Island Star Trek Fanatic's Story Takes Flight