Despite the pall over the proceedings Sunday night, the Grammy Awards enjoyed a big night. Early into the three-and-a-half hour telecast, host LL Cool J led a prayer for Whitney Houston who shockingly passed away the night before.
In the last hour, Jennifer Hudson “eulogized” her idol with one of Houston’s signature songs, I Will Always Love You.
The show was number one with 3.7 million WCBS/Channel 2 viewers and a huge 19 rating, according to Nielsen.
American Idol began Hollywood Week at number two and three. The two nights averaged 1.3 million WNYW/Channel 5 viewers and a 6.8 rating.
NBC’s rival, The Voice, had a fifth-place finish (1.1 million/6.0).
60 Minutes had its typical good week at number four (1.2 million/6.3).
More from the Top 10 after the jump
- Sixth Modern Family WABC (1.1 million/5.6)
- *Seventh NCIS WCBS (1 million/5.4)
- *Seventh Big Bang Theory WCBS (1 million/5.4)
- *Ninth Person of Interest WCBS (945,000/4.8)
- *Ninth The Mentalist WCBS (941,000/4.8)
- *Ninth Smash WNBC (940,000/4.8)