— DIANE CLEHANE
Now that summer is in full swing, the usual mix of movers and shakers at Michael’s was a bit on the light side today. But Ron Perelman was there, proving this is no time to slack off if you’re a true mogul. Frank Gifford and Charlie Rose were in the dining room yesterday. And, we hear, our pal Jack Kliger stopped by to open up a bottle of 1969 Pommard Rugiens (‘a rich red Burgundy’ says wine director Seth Liebman) and celebrate, no doubt, his new gig as acting CEO of TV Guide. Congrats!
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
1. Bob Barnett
2. Peter Brown, fresh off his trip to Vietnam — “The food was excellent!”
3. Marie-Josée Kravis with another well-heeled gal. We were coveting that gorgeous pearl pin Marie was wearing. Fab!
4. Ron Perelman and a formidable-looking fellow we didn’t know. We knew Ron was inside when we arrived because we recognized the tough guy in the Escalade parked at the curb that goes everywhere Ron does…
5. Producer Jean Doumanian (loved the sporty seersucker jacket) with a gal pal
8. Warren Adler
9. Writer Nancy Jo Sales
12. David Adler
14. Bernard Schwartz
15. Stephen Swid
16. The always dapper Gerry Byrne
17. Bianna Golodryga
18. Richard Bressler
20. Diane Sokolow
21. David Poltrack
22. Alison Brod
23. Ed Bleier
24. Andrew Blauner
25. My pal Tom Goodman and Arthur Sando. On Monday, Tom and his team kept all the balls in the air at a celebrity golf tournament at Trump National in Westchester to benefit Joe Torre‘s Safe at Home Foundation. Tom tells me that former president Bill Clinton, Donald Trump and Torre and another pal won the day.
26. Brian Kennedy
29. John Arnhold
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Exclusive: David Zinczenko on AMI's New Deal | Ousted Obama Insider Turns Heads
- Tom Brokaw and the Inside Track From New York's Democratic National Committeeman
- Morning Media Newsfeed: Amazon Unveils Fire Phone | Carney's Final Briefing
- Kerry Kennedy, David Zinczenko and Exclusive Dish From Monica Lewinsky's New PR Guru