— DIANE CLEHANE
Michael’s was packed with plenty of familiar faces this afternoon. Seems the gang was out in force before disappearing for the true dog days of August. The real side show in the dining room took place last night, when none other than Sarah Palin dropped in with Bob Barnett and took the staff completely by surprise. A little birdie told me Bob was dining with a couple of folks, left and came back with Palin and her husband Todd, the ex-’First Dude.’ According to all accounts, the former governor was clearly enjoying her new role as a private citizen last evening: She drank Deutz champagne and ordered lobster ‘off the menu.’ Could she have been celebrating some big soon-to-be announced TV deal? As they say on the small screen, stay tuned!
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
1. Cablevision’s Barry Frey presiding over a table full of Red Bull marketing execs
5. Michael J. Wolf and another dark-haired fellow
6. Ed Victor, looking natty in a fedora, linen jacket and canary yellow pocket square, with a fellow we didn’t get a chance to meet
8. Francine LeFrak (in leopard!)
11. Patricia Duff
12. Jim Abernathy
16. Nielsen’s Gerry Byrne
18. Sam Haskell
23. William Scaffel, owner of Soho House, in case you didn’t know
24. Martin Puris
26. Style.com’s Candy Pratts Price
27. Jim Casella
29. Amy Raskin
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.
- Taking a Lunch Break...
- Outlander Author Diana Gabaldon on Writing Best Sellers and Playing Nice With Hollywood
- Fern Mallis and One Criminally Dressed Designer | Dishing With a Global Ambassador
- The Media Mob Featuring Bob Barnett and Jack Kliger | Disney's Fabulous New Foodie