The list of America’s 60 most generous donors is out, and Mayor Bloomberg and media magnate Mort Zuckerman [right] have made the top 20, pledging $165 million and $100 million to charity in 2006, respectively. Warren Buffett tops the list with his $43.5 billion 2006 pledge.
Curiously missing from the list are several prominent — and rich — New Yorkers: Zuckerman nemesis Rupert Murdoch, Ralph Lauren and Donald Trump.
Some selected list-makers with New York ties:
9. Michael R. Bloomberg | Media and entertainment | $165 million
18. 2006 Mortimer B. Zuckerman | Media and entertainment, real estate | $100 million
30. Ronald O. Perelman | Finance, investments | $60.8 million
35. Oprah Winfrey | Media and entertainment | $58.3 million
38. H. F. (Gerry) and Marguerite B. Lenfest | Media and entertainment | $55.7 million
- Vice's Correspondent Confidential Reveals Journalists' Untold Stories
- Time Inc.'s New Chief Content Officer on Native Advertising and TMZ
- Norman Pearlstine on Why Editors Should Report to the Business Side
- PR and Media Pros Gather for AirPR and talkTech Happy Hour