The list of America’s 60 most generous donors is out, and Mayor Bloomberg and media magnate Mort Zuckerman [right] have made the top 20, pledging $165 million and $100 million to charity in 2006, respectively. Warren Buffett tops the list with his $43.5 billion 2006 pledge.
Curiously missing from the list are several prominent — and rich — New Yorkers: Zuckerman nemesis Rupert Murdoch, Ralph Lauren and Donald Trump.
Some selected list-makers with New York ties:
9. Michael R. Bloomberg | Media and entertainment | $165 million
18. 2006 Mortimer B. Zuckerman | Media and entertainment, real estate | $100 million
30. Ronald O. Perelman | Finance, investments | $60.8 million
35. Oprah Winfrey | Media and entertainment | $58.3 million
38. H. F. (Gerry) and Marguerite B. Lenfest | Media and entertainment | $55.7 million
- WNBC's Chuck Scarborough is a 'Giant of Broadcasting'
- Tamron Hall and Kirsten Gillibrand Give Career Advice at Real Simple/Time Panel
- We're Hosting a Media Intern Party!
- Join Us Tomorrow for a Career Lunch Hangout with a Veteran Freelance Copywriter