This week, Good Housekeeping sent out a press release announcing four hires and a promotion.
- Melissa Geurts, deputy design director (formerly with Canadian magazine Chatelaine);
- Sarah Richardson, home design director (host-producer of multiple HGTV lifestyle series);
- April Franzino, beauty director (most recently at Self magazine);
- Matthew Axe, consulting creative director (previously creative director at Martha Stewart Living);
- Rachel Rothman, promoted from technical manager to technical director.
However, this is only a third of the HR story. Per a well-placed tipster who wishes to remain anonymous, a larger number of Good Housekeeping staffers were recently dismissed. (By our count, nine.)