The ceremony took place at the extraordinarily lovely Plaza Hotel (which was quite the step up from last year’s venue, as Mirror Award vets told us) and was hosted by mistress of ceremonies Katie Couric (shown here with Newhouse School dean, Lorraine E. Branham), with several awards presented by luncheon co-chair (along with Discovery Communications president and CEO David Zaslav), Arianna Huffington, co-founder and editor in chief of the Huffington Post.
A full list of the day’s winners appears after the jump.
• Best Commentary – Traditional Media: Michael Wolff, Vanity Fair
• Best In-Depth Piece – Traditional Media: Dean Starkman, Columbia Journalism Review “Power Problem”
• Best Profile – Digital Media: Nancy Jo Sales, Vanity Fair “The Unreal Rise of Jon and Kate Gosselin”
• Best Profile – Traditional Media: Evan Osnos, The New Yorker “The Forbidden Zone”
• Best Single Article – Digital Media: Megan Garber, Columbia Journalism Review “Common Knowledge”
• Best Commentary – Digital Media: Matthew Pressman, Vanity Fair
• Best Single Article – Traditional Media: Steven Johnson, Time “How Twitter Will Change the Way We Live”
• i-3 Award for Impact, Innovation and Influence: Twitter co-founder Biz Stone
• Fred Dressler Achievement Award: Bloomberg, accepted by EIC Matthew Winkler