On Sunday, September 11, Scott Pelley will anchor CBS News coverage of the national memorial ceremonies for the 9/11 attacks from Ground Zero. “Face the Nation” will originate from Ground Zero immediately following the conclusion of scheduled events.
Both “The Early Show” and the “CBS Evening News” will also be live from Ground Zero beginning Friday, September 9. “60 Minutes” will also be entirely dedicated to 9/11 coverage on Sunday night at 7 pmET/PT, with a feature presentation of “9/11: Ten Years Later,” an updated version of the award-winning film CBS aired on the first and fifth anniversaries of the attacks, to follow.
Visit FishbowlNY, where New York TV and radio personalities reflect on 9/11/01 in our series “9/11: New York Remembers.”
Read the full release from CBS after the jump.
CBS NEWS ANNOUNCES DIVISION-WIDE COVERAGE PLANS TO MARK 10 YEARS SINCE THE SEPT. 11 TERRORIST ATTACKS
CBS News Will Provide Extensive Coverage Beginning Sept. 9 - Sept. 11 On “The Early Show,” “CBS Evening News,” “Face The Nation,” “60 Minutes” and Across All Platforms Including: CBS Radio News, CBSNews.com, CBS Newspath and CBS News’ Polling and Survey Unit
On Sunday, Sept. 11, CBS Will Dedicate Six Hours of Coverage to Mark the Day, Highlighted by a CBS News Special, “9/11: America Remembers,” Anchored By Scott Pelley from Ground Zero, Beginning at 8:00 AM, ET (Check Local Listings)
CBS News announces division-wide coverage plans to mark 10 years since the 9/11 terrorist attacks against the United States. CBS News will provide extensive coverage beginning Sept. 9 – Sept. 11 on THE EARLY SHOW, CBS EVENING NEWS, FACE THE NATION, 60 MINUTES and across all platforms, including CBS Radio News, CBSNews.com, CBS Newspath and CBS News’ Polling and Survey Unit.
Beginning Friday, Sept. 9, CBS News’ THE EARLY SHOW and the CBS EVENING NEWS will broadcast live from Ground Zero in New York City.
On Sunday, Sept. 11, six hours will be devoted to the coverage, beginning with a CBS News special 9/11: AMERICA REMEMBERS, anchored by Scott Pelley (8:00 AM, ET check local listings). Immediately following the coverage of the scheduled events, a special edition of FACE THE NATION will broadcast live from Ground Zero.
In addition, 60 MINUTES (7:00-8:00 PM, ET) will devote the entire broadcast to 9/11 coverage, which will be followed by CBS Television Network and filmmakers Jules and Gedeon Naudet and James Hanlon’s presentation of “9/11: 10 YEARS LATER,” an update of the critically acclaimed, multiple award-winning film, “9/11,” to be broadcast on CBS as a special presentation, Sunday, Sept. 11 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT).
CBS News’ coverage will include personal stories from survivors and family members of some of the victims, as well as reports from CBS News correspondents at the World Trade Center, Pentagon and in Shanksville, Pa.
CBS News’ division-wide programming highlights, beginning Sept. 9, will include the following:
Friday, September 9
• THE EARLY SHOW (7:00-9:00 AM, ET) will provide extensive coverage live from Ground Zero.
• Scott Pelley will anchor the CBS EVENING NEWS (6:30-7:00 PM, ET) from that location.
Saturday, September 10
• THE EARLY SHOW ON SATURDAY (Check Local Listings) will broadcast live from Ground Zero.
• CBS EVENING NEWS will broadcast live from Ground Zero (6:30-7:00 PM, ET).
Sunday, September 11
• Scott Pelley will anchor a CBS News special, 9/11: AMERICA REMEMBERS, live from Ground Zero, beginning at 8:00 AM, ET.
• Immediately following the coverage of the scheduled events, a special edition of FACE THE NATION will broadcast live from Ground Zero.
• 60 MINUTES (7:00-8:00 PM, ET) will devote the entire broadcast to 9/11 coverage.
• The CBS Television Network and filmmakers Jules and Gedeon Naudet and James Hanlon will present “9/11: 10 YEARS LATER,” an update of the critically acclaimed, multiple award-winning film, “9/11,” to be broadcast on CBS as a special presentation (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). For more on this special go to: http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=28857
• CBS Radio News will offer expanded programming and feature reports, including a five-part series, “Justice In a Time of Terror.” CBS Radio News will also present special short-form reports and long-form weekend roundup: “9/11: America Remembers,” as well as live anchored coverage of the events in NY, DC and PA.
• In addition to a live webcast of Sept. 11 events, CBSNews.com will provide archival footage of CBS News coverage of Sept. 11 and the weeks after, as well as original reports looking forward and back at the impact of the attacks.
• CBS Newspath, the network’s 24-hour news service to its owned stations and affiliates in the U. S. and around the globe, will provide live reports from Ground Zero beginning Friday, Sept. 9 through Monday, Sept. 12. Additionally, CBS Newspath will have a correspondent live at Ground Zero beginning at 5:00 AM, ET on Sept. 11.
• CBS News’ Polling & Survey Unit will present exclusive poll results and statistical analysis.
- 'CBS This Morning' Surprises Gayle King With Early Birthday Celebration
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How Scott Pelley Made It to Cuba Just in Time for 'The CBS Evening News'
- Bob Schieffer 'Stunned' Cuba News Wasn't Leaked: 'This is Just a Bombshell'